InnovateSENC will develop a support system to enhance cooperation among the region’s business, educational, government, and economic development organizations and implement a collaborative strategic plan to cultivate the eco-system by promoting the growth of small businesses.
Marine and life sciences continue to thrive in Southeastern N.C. Not only have they drawn an international spotlight to our area’s resources, they’ve also opened new opportunity channels for creative entrepreneurs from all walks of business. Now more than ever, we’re positioned to serve as a leader in this robust, global market. Innovate SENC aims to help steer this push, creating an ecosystem of assets and identifying ways for the entire community to ride the wave.
Wilmington is one of only five locations selected to take part in the InnovateNC program, an initiative spearheaded by the Institute for Emerging Issues at N.C. State University. Your Innovate SENC council is made up of area business, political and thought leaders. Together, they’ll steer several core components in our region’s push to become a marine and life science world leader.
Specifically, Innovate SENC will:
- Build a talent pipeline to grow, recruit and retain marine and life science entrepreneurs
- Develop a network of resources that enable innovators to launch and thrive
- Explore ways to measure the impact of marine and life science innovations on local communities
- Coordinate economic development government policies to cultivate entrepreneurs
- Drive global PR attention to the marine and life science stories coming out of our region
We invite you to join us on this all-inclusive venture. For more information, or to learn how this effort benefits you, drop us a line.